ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2003 Encryption

2006-10-06 10:07:07
Subject: Re: Windows 2003 Encryption
From: Roger Silva <rogsilva AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 07:06:06 -0700
Richard,

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, it does scare me that if the Encrypted Password is forgotten, that
the data is unrecoverable, but this is data that has to be safely backed
up and stored via HIPPA Compliance.  I also suggested using the Windows
Encryption as a secondary solution. I told the client this so they are
fully aware of this, but I do know what you mean.

Thank You for all your expertise,
Roger