ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2003 Encryption

2006-10-05 20:15:26
Subject: Re: Windows 2003 Encryption
From: Roger Silva <rogsilva AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:14:01 -0700
Richard,

My client TSM Version is 5.3.4 which says it supports AES128 Bit
Encryption, am I wrong?

Also, here is a snippet of the "show options" command.

ENABLECLIENTENCRYPTKEY: NO
        ENCRYPTIONTYPE: AES128
            ENCRYPTKEY: SAVE

Thanks for you input.

Roger

Richard Sims wrote:

Roger -

I don't believe that you have been as successful as you think you
have been...
The ENCRYPTIONType option was introduced in TSM 5.3.  You must be
getting 56-bit DES encryption, then.  I'm surprised that the client
doesn't barf at the option it should not be able to recognize.
(Always do 'dsmc show options' when changing options at your level.
(Do 'dsmc query options' as of TSM 5.2.))

Be sure to refer to the manual which pertains to your software level,
not a later manual.  When without a manual, do 'dsmc help' to get the
details which that level of the client will support.

     Richard Sims