ADSM-L

Re: update server roles

2006-10-06 10:29:58
Subject: Re: update server roles
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:28:04 +0200
Matt,

The server name of the Linux STA is the same on both TSM servers, although they
are listening on different TCP/IP ports of course.

Indeed when the STA to TSM1 is started, it ends up talking to TSM2 too through
the library client on TSM1 to TSM2. Else I don't understand how the STA of TSM1
can end up on TSM2, the setstorageserver is correct: different TSM server
names, different TCP/IP admin ports for the TSM servers, different TCP/IP ports
for the STA servers and different shared memory ports for the backup.

And if I start the STA of TSM2 on the CLIENT, nothing is logged in the activity
log of TSM1. It is only the other way around.

An easy workaround would be to use different server names (eg CLIENT_1 and
CLIENT_2 on TSM1 and TSM2 instead of CLIENT). But would ask some work (30 STA
clients and everything is installed/updated through scripting from a Linux CSM
server)

But if possible, I would like to restrict the STA of TSM1 to talk only with
TSM1 and not end up with TSM2 (through the library sharing role?). And
understand better how the communication is going from TSM1 to TSM2. I know we
have a rather unique setup.

best regards,
Kurt