ADSM-L

Windows 2003 Encryption

2006-10-05 16:35:48
Subject: Windows 2003 Encryption
From: Roger Silva <rogsilva AT STANFORD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:33:08 -0700
My client is running Windows 2003 client OS Version 5.02  and our TSM
server is 5.1.6.3

We are trying to use the TSM Encryption Options but we are running into
some issues.

We have the Encryption lines in the dsm.opt file:

ENCRYPTIONTYPE  AES128
ENCRYPTKEY      SAVE

Exclude.Backup "*\...\...\*"
INCLUDE "D:\1TSMTEST\...\*"
Include.Encryption "D:\1TSMTEST\test spreadsheet.xls\...\*"

But when the client invokes a backup, it does not ask for the encryption
password the first time.

Is this version of windows with the version of the TSM server we are
running not supported or is there some other fix needed in the dsm.opt file?

Thanks,
Roger

P.S.  I have been successful with this exercise using Windows XP client
OS version 5.01 and TSM Version 5.1.6.3