ADSM-L

Failed / Missed backups.

2000-05-01 10:33:58
Subject: Failed / Missed backups.
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:33:58 -0400
Hello everyone.

  Here is our environment: ADSM 3.1.2.50 running on OS/390 2.8 backing up
130 clients nightly approximately 160GB of data a night and our clients
base is RS/6000, Sun Solaris, Novell, NT and OS/2. Now here are my
questions.

  How do you handle 'Failed' or 'Missed' backups? Is everyone having
problems with these? What steps do you take to resolve these types of
errors?

   I know about the 'Q EV' command but I am curious to see if anyone has
automated this restart procedure on an OS/390 server with this type of
client base.

   TIA for any information that you provide.