ADSM-L

Re: Failed / Missed backups.

2000-05-02 10:17:28
Subject: Re: Failed / Missed backups.
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 10:17:28 -0400
We do something similar.
We have an AIX script that pulls stuff out of the event log.

We have servers that are ADSM clients, and desktops that are ADSM clients in
different domains.
For servers we send an email every time a backup is missed or failed.
The server admins are responsible for fixing the problem (or asking for help
if they can't).

For desktops we send an email if we don't get at least one COMPLETED every 7
days.
Desktop users can either fix it themselves, or call desktop support for
help.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert