ADSM-L

Re: Failed / Missed backups.

2000-05-02 13:20:35
Subject: Re: Failed / Missed backups.
From: Cyrus Banker <cbanker AT TORSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:20:35 -0400
John:

What version of the client software were you using, that generated these
Dr. Watson errors and stop the scheduler?  Also, what version are you using
now, that has fixed the problem?

Thanks and later

At 01:01 PM 5/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
>As far as automatically restarting the client end, I think you are stuck
>with using some type of 3rd party utility, or writing one yourself.  I know
>there are plenty of service monitors for NT which will automatically
>restart a service if it is stopped or goes to a failed status.  Not sure
>about the other platforms you have.  I use Tivoli IT Director to monitor
>and automatically restart the *SM Scheduler service on all my NT clients if
>it stops or fails.  Came in handy when I had the client software version
>that was prone to Dr Watsons.
>

>John Monahan
>Network Administrator
>Liberty Diversified Industries
>(763) 536-6677
>

>                    Brian Nick
>                    <BRIAN_NICK@P        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                    HL.COM>              cc:
>                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Failed / Missed
backups.
>                    "ADSM: Dist
>                    Stor Manager"
>                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
>                    RIST.EDU>
>

>                    05/02/2000
>                    09:32 AM
>                    Please
>                    respond to
>                    "ADSM: Dist
>                    Stor Manager"
>

>Thanks for the info Wanda,
>
>    Sounds like you are doing the same thing that I am doing, sending an
>e-mail with a list of the 'failed' or 'Missed' backups to the interested
>parties.  What I was hoping for was an automatic restart from the client
>end. I understand that this may not be a realistic request at this time.
>Thanks again for the reply.
>
>- Brian

Cyrus Banker
Alcatel Canada Transport Automation
Network Technician
Information Systems And Network Design
email: cbanker AT torsel.alcatel DOT com
Phone: (416)7423900 Ext. 317
Fax  : (416)7429088