nv-l

RE: [nv-l] OBJECT NAMES / IP ADDESSES

2002-04-30 14:32:26
Subject: RE: [nv-l] OBJECT NAMES / IP ADDESSES
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON AT arinc DOT com>
To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:32:26 -0400
Just wanted to make sure I was clear.

Each top level icon for that given interface should have the same Symbol
Label which will match an entry in /etc/host.

Each interface's node representation should not have different names, they
should all have the same name (since they are the same physical router).

On a side note, I forget how netview determines which hostname to use for
that router.  Last I remember it was arbitrary.

Hope this helps,

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated