nv-l

AW: [nv-l] Netview Justification Part II

2002-04-30 13:29:22
Subject: AW: [nv-l] Netview Justification Part II
From: ADAMCZYK Herbert <herbert.adamczyk AT it-austria DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:29:22 +0200
Herman,

I think you should look on the differences between NetView and NetReality.
The NetReality solution is focused on WAN, especially on Bandwidth
Management, Policy-Management etc. I have not all the details of this
product since I only read their website. But if you have also to manage a
LAN-Environment, if you have to provide a single central
Networkmanagement-Map/View to many users, if you want to provide all your
network status events/root cause events in a heterogenous environment, if
you want to provide all this functions with a tool, which is easy to
configure and - thats the most important point for me - which is open for
user-modifications / addons - then you should use netview.
I think it's not the question of Netview OR NetReality, it's the question of
NetView AND NetReality integrated (like NetReality and HP/OV).
But of course your decision depends on your organisation and your network.

Back to your question: we have netview as the main platform, concord eHealth
for performance management, vital suite only for problem management.
Ciscoworks is not suitable for a heterogenous network, so we are looking for
a vendor-independent solution as an add-on to netview for layer-2 topology.

regards
Herbert

Herbert Adamczyk

INFORMATIONS-TECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
Netzwerk-Management

A-1020 Wien, Lassallestraße 5
Telefon: ++43-1-21717-58943
Telefax: ++43-1-21717-89-58943
mailto: herbert.adamczyk AT it-austria DOT com