nv-l

RE: Question concerning Netview Event History Window???

2000-06-07 10:26:27
Subject: RE: Question concerning Netview Event History Window???
From: James_Shanks AT tivoli DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:26:27 -0400

Dollars to donuts, that is your problem.  The presence of tecint.conf is how
nvserverd knows to forward to TEC.  So yours is spending a lot of worthless time
trying to do just that, even if there is no TEC on the box he is sending to.
I'll bet you have a nice big /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache file too. These files should
be deleted.  As for recycling the daemon, that is the sure way to make sure no
attempts at TEC forwarding are going on.  There is the nvtecia -stop command,
but I don't know for certain how well it works at your level, since I just fixed
a major bug in it for 5.1.3.  You could try it and see if your problem goes
away.  But you must delete or rename those tecint.conf files so this does not
re-occur.

You said you said turned off TEC forwarding.  How did you do that?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Lemire, Mark" <mlemire AT JHANCOCK DOT COM> on 06/07/2000 09:58:01 AM

Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l AT tkg DOT com>