nv-l

RE: Question concerning Netview Event History Window???

2000-06-07 08:01:33
Subject: RE: Question concerning Netview Event History Window???
From: "Lemire, Mark" <mlemire AT jhancock DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:01:33 -0400
I am a co-worker of David Tremblay.  Dave hurt his back (unrelated to
Netview :) and is out today so I'll reply to the posts.

You are correct that we mean the standard Events Window.

The two Netview environments are identical with respect to the database,
generally everything under /usr/OV including scripts that are called from
Event Configuration.  All network devices forward SNMP traps to both
servers.  We do no direct forwarding to TEC; rather via postemsg commands in
the scripts.  The scripts are all run in the background, so as not to
interfere with trapd or ovactiond.  An environmental variable is set which
differs on the two servers -- that is how scripted events get forwarded
differently to our production TEC, and debugging TEC.

trapd.log shows relatively low incoming activity (just checked - 10 events
in the last 5 minutes).  In spite of the Events Window problem, as I
mentioned trapd.log is normal, traps are being handled correctly and the
scripts are forwarding to TEC just fine.  nvserverd is still pegged at 50%
of the total CPU load (2 CPUs).

Mark Lemire