nv-l

Question concerning Netview Event History Window???

2000-06-06 16:07:45
Subject: Question concerning Netview Event History Window???
From: "Tremblay, David A." <dtremblay AT jhancock DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:07:45 -0400
Hello all,

I am currently working with support on this issue but I am wondering if
anyone else has experienced this problem.

Has anyone ever had their Event History Window stop taking in events but
their trapd.log continue to run ok and even continue forwarding events to
TEC??  All the Netview Daemons look ok for the exception of one that pegs
the CPU at 50% which is nvserverd.   After a reboot everything is ok for a
day or so and then we are back into the same problem with the Event Viewer
not picking up events anymore.

This is the situation we are currently experiencing but their weird part is
that our test/staging server which is supposed to be identical has not
exhibited any of the symptoms I have mentioned above.   The test/staging
server even uses the exact same database that is copied over nightly!!!

We are running NetView 5.1.1 (on purpose) with integration forwarding events
to Tivoli/TEC on a Solaris 2.5.1 box with over 2 gig of memory.

If anyone has any ideas, please reply.

Thank you.

David A. Tremblay                       John Hancock Financial Services
Lead Systems Analyst                    Information Technology Services
Enterprise Management Tools             Technology Shared Services

E-Mail: dtremblay AT jhancock DOT com