nv-l

Re: NetView TMR --> ManagedNode

1999-12-10 11:34:36
Subject: Re: NetView TMR --> ManagedNode
From: Dean Grant <dgrant AT AHOLDUSA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:34:36 -0500
Al,

If you want NetView to be in another TMR other than its own, I can only think of
one method
without re-installing. That would be to interconnect the TMRs so they share
information.

Other than that, I think you would need to do a re-install. The TMR contains
certain information
in its database that is put there during the install process. A re-install
should not be too difficult
though. You can run the migration backup utility which creates a cloned
filesystem of your
NetView configuration.

Then deinstall NetView, and the TMR from the server. On your new TMR server,
install the
framework patch for NetView. Then install NetView to your server from the TMR.
If the
migration filesystem is detected during the install, then everything will be
copied back
during the installation process. I used the migration utility to clone my
NetView system
a few weeks ago and it works like a charm.

I had only two problems with this. One is that the installation did not add the
NetView icon
properly into the Tivoli Policy region. I got a script from Support that fixed
this easily though.

(The manual commands that Ken Garst alluded to the other day did not work)

The other is that I had unregistered a daemon, tecad_nv6k,  in the LRF I did not
need. But I
did not remove the configuration files from the /usr/OV/lrf directory. The
migration installation
automatically registered all the .lrf files it found, so it tried to start that
daemon again.

Other than that it was very clean. HTH

Dean
Ahold Information Services

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM> on 12/10/99 10:07:56 AM

      <NV-L AT UCSBVM.ucsb DOT edu>