nv-l

Re: NetView TMR --> ManagedNode

1999-12-07 23:38:59
Subject: Re: NetView TMR --> ManagedNode
From: Leslie Clark <lclark AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:38:59 -0500
I did not see a posting about it, but I'm sure you will review the
instructions
in the release notes for migrating. You will basically want to do the
backup
that is done by the migrations script, then the delete, and when you
reinstall
in the presence of that backup you get put right back where you were.

Cordially,

Leslie A. Clark

Hi all,

I've installed NetView 5.1.1 on an rs6000 running AIX 4.2.1
The node has been configured as a TMR.
In order to benable NetView server to share resources aith the existing
Tivoli environment, the NetView Server should be configured as a Managed
node (or Gateway, in 3.6 terminology ???) As I see it the way to do this is
an uninstall of NetView and framework, and reinstall of framework as a
Managed Node and then install of Netview.  Is this the only way ?
Also how can I backup and restore the existing config and database ?
Any info would be helpful Thanks

Al