nv-l

NetView TMR --> ManagedNode

1999-12-06 09:37:58
Subject: NetView TMR --> ManagedNode
From: "MENEZES, ALAIN" <alain.menezes AT FORTISBANK DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:37:58 +0100
Hi all,

I've installed NetView 5.1.1 on an rs6000 running AIX 4.2.1
The node has been configured as a TMR.
In order to benable NetView server to share resources aith the existing
Tivoli environment, the NetView Server should be configured as a Managed
node (or Gateway, in 3.6 terminology ???) As I see it the way to do this is
an uninstall of NetView and framework, and reinstall of framework as a
Managed Node and then install of Netview.  Is this the only way ?
Also how can I backup and restore the existing config and database ?
Any info would be helpful Thanks

Al