Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SAP backups / Online / Redo

2013-12-18 15:55:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SAP backups / Online / Redo
From: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:55:39 +0000
Hi Justin
In specific it's SAP jobs.

As mentioned over 60 policies start from 9pm but each one is a SAN media server
and each client in its own policy. So I have 10 SAP jobs each using a tape
drive from library.

This means other jobs end up queued.

I can run thousands ok jobs... But jobs will queue if no drives are available
to do the backups on.

Backups using same volume pool. But I believe because the policies are using
its own SAN media server as a storage unit, it's only backing up itself,
therefore a tape is assigned to that policy.

I'd like to find out why I could not group multiple SAP backups together. These
jobs Justin run a command script, and they start the parent & child jobs.

S.