Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAP backups / Online / Redo

2013-12-18 14:54:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAP backups / Online / Redo
From: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:54:12 +0000
All
I've been trying to troubleshoot performance and backup issues at an
environment where all LTO4 drives are maxed out with these type of jobs and
causing many others to queue or run at an incorrect time.

There are close to around 60 policies where we have online, off-line, and redo
log backups.

In each policy there was only a single client listed. A lot of these policies
are sand media servers therefore they backup themselves.

The problem is we have too many jobs running concurrently and due to the vast
amount of data on the servers, there is insufficient resources available for
NBU to resume the queued jobs.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has a large environment of
SAP/Oracle backups and what they do backups, because presently these jobs I can
shaming 98% of our resources and our windows phone service I currently
struggling to get backed up.

This separate tape drive all these will be in place, but I want to enquire if
there is anything that could be done to may be group the SAP online backups
into one policy.

But I'm also interested to hear of any ideas or methods that you may be using
now.

Thanks
Si