Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Alert! Backups might not be triggering!!!!

2012-05-25 08:12:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Alert! Backups might not be triggering!!!!
From: "NBUAdmin" <NBUAdmin AT durham DOT ca>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:11:51 -0400
I schedule my longer retention backups for the same time slot.  In that case, the scheduler will always pick the schedule that hasn't run recently, it won't run both.  For that yearly retention schedule I set it up to perform Multiple Copies, and then have 1 copy - the Primary - with my normal monthly backup retention, and the other one for my yearly backup with the required retention on that one.  I have found the inline copy does not take any longer than the normal backup.

Hope this helps.

Linda B.

>>> reddi72 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> 24/05/2012 5:33 pm >>>
Environment - Netbackup 6.5.5 running on sun Solaris using Calender based scheduling

Last day of December we had a situation, where we had both monthly and yearly backup scheduled to be run on the same day , and while the monthly backup was running , the yearly backup ran out of the backup window and so the yearly backup never got triggered  .

When a audit was ran , we discovered that the yearly backup never ran -- So now,I was hoping that one of you Netbackup Guru's might help me with some kind of alert/monitoring script that will notify us when a particular scheduled backup which was suppose to be ran on a particular day doesn't run ?

Thanks in Advance!!!
Reds

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.