Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Policy - Responsibility for adding client intoNBU

2009-02-17 16:03:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Policy - Responsibility for adding client intoNBU
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:01:58 -0500
We've basically got three layers of control on this.  First, before any server is handed over to an application group the person who builds / preps the server (via check sheet) must verify that backups are configured.  Then again, before any server gets transferred into production the person transferring the server into production (again a check sheet) must verify backups are configured and running.  Finally, we run a biannual review of the asset sheets versus the backup records and manually address any discrepancies. (Server A with Asset Tag 12345 but no backups etc..)  We have similar procedures for adding storage to any server.

-Jonathan