Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6, MP4 and error 41 (network timeout)

2009-02-17 11:30:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6, MP4 and error 41 (network timeout)
From: "Wilkinson, Tim" <Tim.Wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:44:29 +1100
We have a quite large file server (almost 2TB worth of data) and lately it's been terminating the full backups with error 41 (network timeout). Assuming there's no discernable problem with the actual network, what could this be about? Is there something I can adjust to stop this or does this usually just point at a networking issue?

The server is Windows Server 2003 SP2 (as is the Master).

Cheers,

Tim Wilkinson
I.T. Support Officer
Science Corporate Information Systems
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
Department of Defence

Tel: (02) 93810065
Fax: (02) 93810011

Email: tim.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.