Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2007-03-15 07:10:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: Robert.Neal at fnf.com (Neal, Robert)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:10:29 -0400
Mixed Operating systems in same policy problems?

What have just had one of our Clients do a DR exercise and they reported
having problems restoring the system state on a Windows 2003 box. It has
been proposed by some that the problem rest with the fact that the
backup policy has both Windows 2k and Windows 2k3 systems (and backup
selection set to "All_Local_Drives", which should get system files,
shadow copies, and system states). I personally haven't ever encountered
this, and have actually checked my records and found that on my last DR
at another site, I was able to successfully restore 4 systems (two 2k's
and two 2k3 servers) which were in the same policy. Has anyone
encountered this before?