Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2007-03-15 07:35:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:35:19 -0400
 With Netbackup 5.1, I would also recommend making sure that your Windows 2003
clients are on MP5 at the very least. Pre-MP5 and you will not be backing up
the entire System State/Registry.

>>> "Neal, Robert" <Robert.Neal at fnf.com> 3/15/2007 7:10 AM >>>

Mixed Operating systems in same policy problems? What have just had one of our
Clients do a DR exercise and they reported having problems restoring the system
state on a Windows 2003 box. It has been proposed by some that the problem rest
with the fact that the backup policy has both Windows 2k and Windows 2k3
systems (and backup selection set to ?All_Local_Drives?, which should get
system files, shadow copies, and system states). I personally haven?t ever
encountered this, and have actually checked my records and found that on my
last DR at another site, I was able to successfully restore 4 systems (two 2k?s
and two 2k3 servers) which were in the same policy. Has anyone encountered this
before?