Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2007-03-14 11:33:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: gary.matthews at logicacmg.com (Matthews, Gary)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:33:12 -0000
Hi,

Trying to understand the steps needed to recover in a DR situation with
NBU 6.0 MP4 in a windows only environment - hope all you knowledgeable
experts can help me :-)  The set up is this - two sites, a
primary/production and a disaster/test. The master is a cluster with a
node in each site. We have a media server and a library san attached in
both sites with the libraries  accessible by both media servers. We
currently run full backups weekly  and cumulatives daily to a staging
disk which is large enough to hole one set of weeklies. Om a Monday we
duplicate the fulls to the offsite library. The disks themselves are
replicated between sites. So we should always have a full  and  the
latest cumulative available  -  So we have the tapes in the library, and
we can  mount the replicated disk on the other media server - how then
do we use them to restore?

TIA

Gary