Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2007-03-15 10:03:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: StumpB at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:03:48 -0400
No problem mixing the W2k and W2K3 operating systems in the same policy
No problem using ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES for the Backup selections
Yes, I do that too :-)

simply a note to be aware of having at minimum 5.1 MP5

WHY MP5?
The %windir%\registration folder on Windows 2003 clients is being
omitted from backups performed by the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server /
Enterprise Server 5.1 and 6.0 releases, and therefore, will not be
available for restore.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/280511

>>> "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net>
3/15/2007 8:08 AM >>>

Sounds rubbish to me - can this be proved - I use it and have polcies
with Win2000 and Win2k3 - not seen the problem!

how was the restore done? was it to replace ALL files ?

RegardsSimon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator
EADS Astrium Limited, B23AA IM (DCS)