Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup speeds Windows servers

2007-01-05 13:49:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup speeds Windows servers
From: David_Cornely at intuit.com (Cornely, David)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:49:52 -0800
You may also want to try these things (I found some of these in a forum
from a search on Google):

1) On a windows system, check to see if tracker.exe is running.  If it
is, kill it.  This will release some I/O on the filesystems.  You can
also check to see if it is started up at boot time and turn that off:
Start->Run->msconfig (hit enter)
Go to the Startup tab and uncheck the tracker.exe

2) On the client, touch the file /<Install Path>/netbackup/dont_sort_dir

3) In the client's bp.conf, add this:
LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP