Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup on a linux media server

2007-01-29 17:25:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup on a linux media server
From: mjohnson at entertainmentpartners.com (Matthew Johnson)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:25:29 -0800
Hello all, thanks in advanced for any and all responses.

I currently have 1new Linux media server, I am able to run backups
through this media server with no problems. But when it comes to running
the following command;

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb -v

I keep getting 54 time out connecting to the client. When I run the
bpclient command every thing comes back great. I use the following
switches ( -pn -ip -hn -self).

Any ideas?

thanks

Matthew Johnson
System Backup Administrator
Information Technology
Operations
2835 N. Naomi Street
Burbank, CA 91504-2024
Tel.  (818) 955-6357
Fax.
For information on our products and services, please visit
<http://www.entertainmentpartners.com/>

Disclaimer - January 29, 2007
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu. If you are not a named addressee you are
prohibited from reviewing, printing, disseminating, distributing, copying or
altering this email or any part of it. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender of the error immediately, do not read or use
the communication in any manner, destroy all copies, and delete it from your
system if the communication was sent via email. Warning: Although Entertainment
Partners has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email, the recipient is responsible for checking for and deleting viruses.
Entertainment Partners does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.