Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Question

2006-03-21 12:24:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Question
From: andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com (andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:24:27 +0000
--=_alternative 005F9F4480257138_=

Hi Phil,

  you have over estimated the complexity of the NBU catalog, the image
catalog is not a real database, its a filesystem structure containing a
large number of monolithic binary files for each backup images stored - so
there is no way the catalog can become fragmented as it isnt composed of
real database files like Oracle etc. When an image is expired the
corresponding file from the catalog filesystem is removed thereby freeing
space.
As to why you see growth, couldn't tell you sorry......

                        thanks Andy.

"Stockton, Phil" <Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
21/03/2006 15:51