Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Question

2006-03-21 10:51:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Question
From: Phil.Stockton AT rs-components DOT com (Stockton, Phil)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:51:17 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C64CFF.4A8C6467

Hi Everybody,

Netbackup 5.0 MP3 on Solaris 8.  Clients are a mixture of Windows, NT
and 2000 and Unix Solaris.

I'm aware of the ability to compress/cleanup images etc via the bpimage
command but have a question regarding how this works.

When images are expired/deleted from the catalog, is there any way to
reorg. the catalog so that fragmentation within the catalog is
minimised.=20

Our catalog is 50 gb and growing with no increase in the numbers of
clients.  I accept  that the number of files per client is increasing
but not materially.  Is there something we've missed configuration wise
here?

Regards

Phil
=20

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the          =20
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in=20
error please Email the sender.=20

RS Components Ltd.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C64CFF.4A8C6467

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7638.1">
<TITLE>Catalog Question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Everybody,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Netbackup 5.0 MP3 on Solaris 8.&nbsp; Clie=
nts are a mixture of Windows, NT and 2000 and Unix Solaris.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I'm aware of the ability to compress/clean=
up images etc via the bpimage command but have a question regarding how thi=
s works.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When images are expired/deleted from the c=
atalog, is there any way to reorg. the catalog so that fragmentation within=
 the catalog is minimised. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Our catalog is 50 gb and growing with no i=
ncrease in the numbers of clients.&nbsp; I accept&nbsp; that the number of =
files per client is increasing but not materially.&nbsp; Is there something=
 we've missed configuration wise here?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Regards</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Phil</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<FONT SIZE=3D3><BR>
<BR>
***************************************************************<BR>
The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it<BR>
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the           <BR>
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated<BR>
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.<BR>
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not<BR>
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it<BR>
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in <BR>
error please Email the sender. <BR>
<BR>
RS Components Ltd.<BR>
</FONT>