Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups

2006-03-21 13:35:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups
From: mike.day AT inovis DOT com (Mike Day)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:35:15 -0800
I'm upgrading from 4.5 FP9 to 5.1 and then to 6.x (current version).
Have brick level backups improved with these version upgrades?  I
remember when I've tried to do our 80 GB brick level backups a year ago
I think the best speed I ever got was about 24 hours.

We just upgraded the Exchange server to the GB switch so Information
Store backups which took about 2.2 hours before now only take about 40
minutes.

I presume my brick level backups should now only take about 8 hours on
the Gigabit switch, which just might fit in my backup window but it
would be cutting it close.

Am I correct to assume this or has version 5 or 6 improved the brick
level backup performance or does Symantec have a product designed for
brick level backups?

Thanks,
Mike Day