Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.2 and Auspex

2000-04-05 17:27:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.2 and Auspex
From: Rasana Atreya rasana_atreya AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 14:27:07 PDT
Hi,

We are in the process of transitioning to a ForeFront NS 2000 (Auspex) box
(from an NS 7000). The HP is Solaris 2.6, and the data I'm looking to back
up is approx. 750G. I've attached an ATL (2 DLT 7000s) tape library to the
I/O node.

I installed the NB software, and can access both tape drives directly:
tar cvf /dev/raxmt/fsp0c6t1 *
tar cvf /dev/raxmt/fsp0c7t1 *

The above work just fine.

But vmconf to actually configure the tape library doesn't seem to work. I'm
assuming this is because of the difference in paths on Auspex vs. regular
Solaris. How do I get around this?

Any pointers welcome!

Regards,
Rasana