Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT Cleaning

2000-04-05 17:08:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT Cleaning
From: Paul Weaver paulw AT stratech DOT com
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 17:08:13 -0400
Steve,
by the drives, indicating that they need to be cleaned.&nbsp; NetBackup
is suppose to recongize this and clean the drives.&nbsp; Make sure if NetBackup
is controlling the cleanings, that the library you are using is set up
NOT to clean drives automatically, as some libraries can do this.
cleaning tape, or whatever media you are using, to the Media Manager and
you will tell it how many cleanings the cartridge has.&nbsp; There are
several ways to check how many cleanings are left on a tape; the first
is using the GUI, and the second could be using a script that veritas provides,
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/cleanstats ( a useful script ).
important to me...
your manuals.
should not
to a degree