Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error

2012-09-28 16:05:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:03:44 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error, jee said (at 8:20pm on Sep...:

I guess you mean retention time. The index savesets are not browsable.

I was referring to the saveset the index refers to, not the index
saveset itself, but you're correct about index savesets not being
browsable.

I've never been particularly happy that EMC "broke" -L7 when they
added per-clone retention times in 7.3.x, but the ESG article I referenced
at least explains all the additional steps that are now required.

The data saveset and the corresponding index saveset should be recoverable in
order to run nsrck -L7.

That's an excellent way of stating it.

Tim
edu