Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error

2012-09-28 13:16:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:13:57 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error, Werth, Dave said (at 11:40pm on...:

I'm trying to restore an index from back in May using the command:

nsrck -L7 -t "05/27/12" Athena

When I run it I get the following message shortly after starting the command
with no indication that the tape loaded in the drive was accessed:

39078:nsrck: SYSTEM error: The operation completed successfully.

I've used mminfo to confirm that the index information is still in the
media database.

Check your logs on your backup server.  Do they contain something like

  nsrck: SYSTEM error: 'nsrindexasm' exited with status 76

?

Does anyone have any helpful advice for me.  I'd prefer to avoid using
scanner because it will take the better part of a day to run.

You say that the index info is still in the media database, but has it
passed its browse period?  If so, have you read this

        https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg98649

Tim
edu