Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error

2012-09-28 15:21:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrck -L7 error
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:20:44 +0100
I guess you mean retention time. The index savesets are not browsable.

The data saveset and the corresponding index saveset should be recoverable in
order to run nsrck -L7.

If they have expired, then you can use nsrmm to set the retention to some date
in the future (e.g. using  -e "tomorrow"),  and then, change the mode to
"notrecyclable", again with nsrmm ( using both ssid & cloneid of the saveset
to be reset).

I suggest using the numeric nsavetime instead of the date-formatted savetime
with nsrinfo.

It is easy to have problems because nsrinfo has the mm/dd/yyyy format
hardcoded whereas mminfo can change depending on the locale.  This is an
annoying  design (bug?) in networker.

Suggestion:
if you run
   mminfo ...  -r"...,savetime,...,nsavetime,client"
then  the last two fields (savetime & client) can be appended to the nsrinfo
command
   nsrinfo -L7 -t   <APPEND HERE>
this can also be scripted easily.

jee