Networker

[Networker] NMSAP OS User

2012-09-27 22:47:24
Subject: [Networker] NMSAP OS User
From: "Roberts, Justin (GE, Appl & Light)" <Justin.Roberts2 AT GE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 02:38:58 +0000
We are using NMSAP and they have decided to utilize ASM disk, which requires
SAP to be installed as the oracle user instead of the ora<sid> user.  I try to
run the nsrsapadm -P -z command to setup the oracle user, but it requires a
password.  For security reasons all local user accounts have no passwords and
you can't log directly into them.  Instead we log in with global users and sudo
su into whatever account we need to.

Any ideas how to get around not having a password to provide for the config
file?

Justin M Roberts
GE Appliances and Lighting
TAS Midrange Services

T +1 502 452 4136
M +1 502 494 5728
F + 1-502 371 8271
justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com<mailto:justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com>
www.ge.com<http://www.ge.com/>
Appliance Park AP4-300
Louisville, KY 40225 USA
General Electric Company