Networker

Re: [Networker] Errors after upgrading to 7.4SP5

2009-09-03 09:38:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Errors after upgrading to 7.4SP5
From: Greg Etling <getling AT STERN.NYU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:30:47 -0400
David,

I have seen the same behaviour, but it is limited to one single windows client
(actually a new client). I have a case open with EMC that I need to keep
working on, but we have narrowed it down to the fact that the local machine is
having issues related to writing the global directives to disk (which is what
you will likely see if you open those files on the client - they DO exist). You
can test it by disabling the directive for the client and running a backup. The
next steps they are walking me through though reek of workaround rather than
fix: last one (which I refused) was to give the client administrator rights in
my server user group (um, no), current one is to create local directives (which
i will do for testing purposes). If you contact EMC, reference my service
request SR: 31088598.

Greg

Greg Etling <getling AT stern.nyu DOT edu <mailto:getling AT stern.nyu DOT edu>>
Systems Administrator
Stern IT Enterprise Operations
NYU Stern School of Business