Networker

Re: [Networker] SCSI problems -- How many drives to a bus?

2004-01-10 00:31:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] SCSI problems -- How many drives to a bus?
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:31:34 -0500
George Sinclair wrote:

This is pretty much how we have it. If you're standing behind the
machine, looking from left to right, there are 3 dual channel cards.
card A (far left) has the ATL stuff, but we do not have the ATL picker
on its own channel, however. Instead, the two SDLT drives and the picker
in the ATL library are all daisy chained and run off channel 1, but as I
said, we've had no problems with the ATL library.

The next card B has L80 drives 1 and 2 on channel 1 and drives 3 and 4
on channel 2.

The last card C has the L80 picker on channel 1.

And, each Adaptec card is located on its own PCI bus. This host has
several independent PCI buses. I have read the top enclosure panel
carefully, and it illustrates that each of these PCI slots is in fact
its own bus. As near as I can tell, these cards do NOT share the same
bus. This is something we thought might have been causing the problem

   Just FYI,   /sbin/lspci -vt will show you the buses/devices layout.