Networker

Re: [Networker] SCSI problems -- How many drives to a bus?

2004-01-10 01:03:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] SCSI problems -- How many drives to a bus?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 22:03:18 -0800
On Jan 9, 2004, at 9:36 AM, George Sinclair wrote:

Host is a storage node running RedHat Linux.

What version of NetWorker on linux?

We're running 6.1.1 under Solaris primary server.

Are mixed architecture / version configurations supported by the
software now?  It clearly works, but thought I would ask.  It is just
as clearly not your issue.

Anyway.

As far as the sg driver version goes, you might want to find the sg.h
file somewhere on your system (probably in /usr/src/linux/ somewhere).
It should have the version.   RedHat 7.3 with a 2.4.20 kernel?  Guess I
didn't know they had updated the old distro so far.  Anyway, 2.4.20 is
so new it should have the latest sg driver; hopefully it is not too
recent to be compatible.

 I might also suggest looking for zombie nsrjb processes and, if you
like, running nsrmmd with -D3.  Running with debugging turned on will
generate a lot of messages, but you may be able to see the SCSI errors
coming across.

Not that you will be able to do anything if that is the case.  But at
least you would know.

HTH,

Byron