Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging to disk - How to

2003-07-10 14:18:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging to disk - How to
From: Paula Ehn <pehn AT CC.UMANITOBA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:18:38 -0500
When I say old system I mean SQL Backtrack instead of Networker. Basically on a
nightly basis, we want to copy a Sybase DB from the devlopement box to the
production box. So we want to backup to disk then restore to the production box.

What I am basically looking for is how to make Networker backup to disk instead
of tape?

I've gotten some clues so far about setting up a file type device as opposed to
a tape device but I've been unsuccessful in setting up a disk volume in
Networker for it to use.

I think I need specifics although if I play long enough, I'm sure I'll stumble
on the answer.

Paula