Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging to disk - How to

2003-07-10 13:17:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging to disk - How to
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:16:48 -0400
Hi Paul

I'm confused by "In the old system, DB's from the Development
server were staged to disk and then restored to the production server on a
regular scheduled basis."  Would you mind talking a bit more about this?

I believe that all NetWorker database modules support backup to disk, as
well as to tape.  So, doing a backup to disk, followed by a staging to tape
for the data you'd like to archive, should work just fine.  But, I may not
yet understand what you want to do.

Thanks!
tl

Terry Lemons
 CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580