Networker

Re: [Networker] scanner commands in parallel

2003-07-10 14:30:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] scanner commands in parallel
From: "Day, David" <david.day AT CENTERPULSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:30:25 -0500
>I'm wondering if I can use more scanner commands in parallel (we can
>install more DLT drives)

I checked with Legato since I had the same question.

Legato says you can run multiple scanner operations concurrently and
updating the same client file index from simultaneous scanner operations
will not cause problems.

  BUT

Then they say there is a chance there will be contention over resources
which could corrupt a client file index.  So they recommend doing this in a
test environment first.

I could not re-create my system in a "test environment" so all I can do is
be prepared to recover a corrupted index.  Or, choose to run one scanner
operation at a time.

Please post your success.

Good luck
David