Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd

2016-09-06 05:50:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd
From: Hodges <hoj AT sloth.demon.co DOT uk>
To: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 10:49:20 +0100

Thanks for the idea Ralf, but no, I don't think its the firewall.

The system reports that port 9102, used by the windows-fd client, is open. Don't know how to confirm this absolutely. Could one telnet 9102 from the linux box or something similar??

Anyway I set the firewall open to any machine on the local network when I first hit the problem

Steve
On 06/09/2016 07:42, Ralf Brinkmann wrote:
Am 04.09.2016 um 13:58 schrieb Hodges:
> I have read somewhere that when the the windows box cannot
> communicate for some other reason this error gets generated, but I
> have no idea how to trace what is going on and still less how to
> correct it

I suppose the Windows firewall blocks your required port.