Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd

2016-09-26 01:13:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Hodges <hoj AT sloth.demon.co DOT uk>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 07:12:45 +0200
Hello,

Bacula version 5.2.6 was released 2 June 2012.  That is a *very* old version.  Since then, there have been many equally (or more) stable versions.  Debian does have their particular ways of doing things, but this is a bit sad for Bacula users, because although the project can answer general questions about it, it has been a long time since it has been officially supported.

Perhaps the advice from Michael Munger would be a good solution. The major problem with upgrading one's self is that there are database upgrades that in those old days had to be applied one at a time.

My project to provide Bacula project binaries for the community is very close to fruition.  Many binaries for the popular platforms are now built, it is just a matter of getting them posted on the web site (in itself a rather time consuming task).  There will be many advantages of using Bacula project binaries (e.g. they are test, which is not the case for most distros, the upgrade will be much easier, and going back will be quite easy too, more recent binaries, ...)

Best regards,
Kern