Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd

2016-09-04 07:59:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows fd unable to communicate with linux sd
From: Hodges <hoj AT sloth.demon.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 12:58:17 +0100
I have working bacula set-up on my linux box, which backs up to a network drive  which is permanently mounted on the linux box where the director runs .
When I try to get the fd on my windows 10 box (where it is running fine, as a service) to backup to the same network drive mounted on the linux box  (but to a different folder) I get

04-Sep 11:58 mailserver-dir JobId 1711: Start Backup JobId 1711, Job=studydata.2016-09-04_11.58.35_16
04-Sep 11:58 mailserver-dir JobId 1711: Using Device "StudyStorage"
04-Sep 11:58 study-fd JobId 1711: Fatal error: Authorization key rejected by Storage daemon.
It is not the key that is at fault, as they are all the same in my setup. I have read somewhere that when the the windows box cannot communicate for some other reason this error gets generated, but I have no idea how to trace what is going on and still less how to correct it

Any suggestions gratefully received. At present I back up the windows boxes with Genie, but I find it clunky and would like to standardise on bacula

Steve Hodge