Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes

2016-05-27 05:41:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes
From: Larrybwoy <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 02:40:28 -0700
Hello again,

A new question : Is there a way I can set up Bacula so that it recycles only
the differential jobs from a volume? For example, I have one volume that has
the initial full backup in it and 1 other differential job. Can I set it up so
that only the differential job in there gets recycled every hour?

OR, say i have the flag "User Volume Once = yes", and I have 1 volume which is
the first  full backup, then 1 other volume which represents the differential
backup, can I set up recycling only on the 2nd volume? I don't want to be doing
a full backup every hour because of retention times, and I only want to do a
full backup ONCE, then only differential.

I have tried this (without the Use Volume Once flag) with a 3 hour retention
period (since it takes about 2 and a half hours to do a full backup for my
filesystem, and if I set the retention period lower than that then bacula runs
the next differential job(which is hourly) as a full job...)  and the problem
is that after those 3 hours are up bacula creates a new full job in the first
volume, since it sees it as being expired.

I can't seem to figure out a decent plan using Bacula for my specific needs,
it's driving me crazy.