Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes

2016-05-23 13:15:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 12:14:10 -0500
On 05/23/2016 11:15 AM, shouldbe q931 wrote:

> Several years ago I did something similar where there was 24 hours of
> hourly rsync "backups" and daily runs of Bacula to tape

Thankfully you don't have to deal with rsync anymore: there's now zfs
with COW snapshots and the ability to mirror snapshot deltas to other
hosts. All you need is a storage server with enough disk bays somewhere
offsite and a small shell script to do snapshot-transfer-collect garbage
in an hourly cron job.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin