Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes

2016-05-20 08:49:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deleting DIFFERENTIAL Jobs from Volumes
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Igor Blazevic <igor.blazevic AT nimium DOT hr>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 09:48:25 -0300 (BRT)
On 19.05.2016 14:20, Larrybwoy wrote:
Hello dear community,

I could use some advice on the following scenario:

The Bacula job that I have set up is ran on an HOURLY basis, the first backup being FULL and the rest that follow are all differential. What I need to know is how do I set up my job so that it deletes the previous differential jobs from the volume, after it completes the latest differential job. I need to do this in order to preserve disk space, since I do not need older differential jobs, I am only interested in the latest one, maybe latest 2 jobs even.

If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be highly appreciated ! :)

Hello, Larry: you might try one or more of this Pool Directives for this Job (if it is a single one):

Maximum Volume Jobs=1
Volume Retention=90 minutes

or the VUD approach if you have multiple hourly jobs:

Volume Use Duration = 50 minutes
Volume Retention = 60 minutes

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  | Bacula do Brasil
Próximas aulas telepresencial ao-vivo - 02 de maio: http://www.bacula.com.br/agenda/
Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/