Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to use Dell TL4000 media access port

2015-09-15 14:20:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to use Dell TL4000 media access port
From: "RAT" <robert3t AT netzero DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:16:32 GMT
I have a Bacula Enterprise 6.x setup on a Dell 720 running CentOS 7.1 attached to a Dell TL4000 tape library.

When I put tapes in, I just pull the entire sleeve out and add the tape and then run:

  * update slots barcode drive=0 storage=tl4000

This works but I'd like to do the same as I do with Netbackup - that is, open the media access port, insert tapes and then pull in & label the new tape.

When I do this, Bacula doesn't unload the media access port and never sees the tape.  I'm sure someone else has figured this out by now.

Q: Does anyone k now a Bacula command to get Bacula to unload the media access port on a Dell TL4000?

Robert Threet
http://yesistilluseperl.blogspot.com/