Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?

2015-02-27 09:18:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: S McGraw <smcg2297 AT frii DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:08:23 -0300 (BRT)
> That's an interesting suggestion.  I was worried the "estimate"
> command might be very slow but it seemed quick enough.  Perhaps a
> potential problem might be a difference between the estimate and
> actual bytes, perhaps because a large file was created in the
> interim.
>
> Another possibility occurred to me prompted by your idea... again
> in a RunBeforeJob script, label a fixed number of volumes (I can
> put a fairly accurate upper bound on the backup data size for each
> client) and after the job delete the volumes that were not used.
> I'm not immediately sure the best way to determine which weren't
> used but I think that won't be too hard.  I guess the risk here
> is that if the after job failed for some reason, the unused volumes
> would be left in the pool and would be used the next night.

Mr. McGraw: I know it's not you want but I got curious, if you wanna test...

create_volumes_before_job.sh:

Bytes=$(echo "estimate job=BackupClient1 level=$Level" | bconsole | sed
'/bytes=/!d;s/^.*bytes=//;s/[.,]//g')
echo "==== Job total Bytes=$Bytes ===="
DVDs=$(bc <<< "$Bytes / (4.4 * 1024 ^ 2)")
echo "==== DVDs required=$DVDs ===="
for ((Counter=0; Counter<=$DVDs; Counter++))
{
   echo "label pool=Default storage=File1 volume=BackupClient1-$Counter"
|bconsole
   Counter=$((Counter + 1))
}