Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Status of Python api?

2015-02-21 18:08:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Status of Python api?
From: S McGraw <smcg2297 AT frii DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 06:06:34 -0700
Is is true that the python api is no longer supported in Bacula 7?
After upgrading from 5.x and spending 3 days trying to figure out
why my custom volume labeling python script was not working, I
noticed this in the release notes:

   The following features or directives have been removed:
   [...]
   - Python

and under detailed changes (dated 24Mar14):

   - Remove FD python and examples
   - Remove pythonlib from lib

But I am not sure because in the Misc manual the Python section
is still there (and dated 31 July 2014), and in the Main manual,
the section on Automatic Volume Labeling still not only mentions
but recommends using the Python api.

Could I get a clarification on the status of this feature?

Thanks.